Van Valer Law Firm is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to join our growing Greenwood, Indiana team. The successful candidate is exceptionally well-organized, proficient in Microsoft Office including experience with creating merge documents and Excel spreadsheets, and possesses excellent communication skills and typing abilities. The incumbent will perform a variety of legal and administrative duties, thus, the ability to multi-task and support multiple attorneys is a must.
Prior Legal Administrative experience is required.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparing settlement statements, pleadings, exhibits, and discovery for Trial.
- Transcribing correspondence through dictation.
- Record-keeping and file maintenance.
- Opening and closing new files.
- Preparing deeds, title commitments, and mechanic’s liens.
- Filing and e-filing documents and calendaring Court deadlines.
- Regularly communicating with attorneys, clients and Courts.
- Preparing Corporate Meeting Minutes and documents related to the establishment of new business entities.
- Managing calendars and deadlines for multiple attorneys.
- Providing Administrative support in the areas of estate planning, corporate law, real estate, and family law.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Vanessa Pfeifle at email@example.com.